The Event Listing panel allows you to view existing events in the current workpack (as selected in the Database Information panel), and if desired edit those events.
Note that there is a right-click menu allowing you to edit, navigate to the event asset, update start, update end, toggle bookmark, or delete.
The Event Listing Historical panel lets you view existing events, but also lets you select workpack(s) to view events from. You cannot edit events from Event Listing Historical.
The Event Listing grid lists all events based on the currently applied filters. Primary filters are:
- Workpack; and
- Event Type
The number of events in the grid (based on the current filters) is displayed in the Event Listing window title.
If the Child Assets toolbar button is not in the “Down” state, then only events recorded on the selected asset will be shown (e.g. events on child assets will not be listed).
By default, the Event Listing grid displays columns which are common to all event types. The first six columns in the Event Listings grid represent:
- F = The presence or absence of a Finding for this event.
- B = The presence or absence of a Bookmark for this event
- L = The presence or absence of a Library Item for this event
- V = The presence or absence of Video for the event recorded at this date/time.
- M = The presence or absence of Multimedia for this event
- C = The presence or absence of Reviewer comments for this event
All columns listed above can be filtered and sorted. Each column has a filter icon which appears by hovering over the column header, for example the F column, by clicking on the filter, a drop down with a list of relevant items will appear that can be used to filter the events by that item in that column. By pressing on the column header, for example F, the events will be sorted in ascending order based on the findings, i.e all the events with findings will be listed at the bottom of the list, by clicking on the header for another time, the events will be sorted in descending order based on the findings, i.e all the events with findings will be listed at the top of the list. A small arrow (either up or down) on the column header shows this functionality.
Right clicking on any of the events in the Event Listing grid will pop up the Events menu.
- To bulk update (or delete) events, use the Multi-Edit functionality. If you’re deleting only a few events, simply multi-select them and hit the Delete toolbar button. Otherwise:
- Go to the WORKPACKS screen and create a workpack called DeleteMe.
- Return to the INSPECTION screen, multi-select the events you wish to delete, and in the Event Details pane, click Survey, click the ellipsis button on Workpack, and set it to DeleteMe.
- Go to the Workpacks screen again.
- , then or to clear those events from NEXUS IC’s cache.
- Now delete the DeleteMe workpack.
The Event Listing grid performs a check whenever the filtered data set is updated, when it detects there are only events of a single event type, the properties of that event (the event data) will be displayed as additional columns in the Event Listing grid.
Event Listing Toolbar¶
- Allow editing of the selected event(s). This sends the event to the Active Events window. If inspection is in progress, you will be able to Update Start and un-Pause End.
- Deletes the currently selected event. Where multiple events are selected, the Delete menu item will delete all selected events.
- From the Select Workpacks dialog, check which Workpacks to include in the filter.
- From the Select Table Definitions dialog, check which Event Types to include in the filter. If you have no Event Types selected, then all Events will be shown, and no Continuous events will be shown. To view Continuous events, you must explicitly select those event type(s) in the filter.
- When in the Down state, events for the currently selected asset and all sub-assets will be included in the Event Listing. When in the Up state, only events that have been recorded on the currently selected asset will appear in the Event Listing.
- Will change focus in the Asset Hierarchy to the asset on which this event has been recorded. To change back, click on the back arrow in the Assets toolbar (see Assets Toolbar).
- Will change the start time of the currently selected event to the time displayed in the Time Source control in the Assets toolbar.
- Will change the end time of the currently selected event to the time displayed in the Time Source control in the Assets toolbar.
- Bookmarks are simply flags on an event. Bookmarked events are identified by a green star symbol in column 3 of the Event Listing grid. The use of bookmarks and the workflow around setting and removing bookmarks will differ for each client.
- See Export for full description of the Summary Export menu item.
- See Customise for full description of the Customise menu item.
- See Connections.
- Toggles visibility of the event details panel.