Planning templates functionality exist in NEXUS IC 6.1 (and higher).
Planning Templates provides the user the ability to automatically set up future workpacks (groups of inspection or testing tasks).
- A Planning Template is a group of Planning Template Tasks.
- A Planning Task (once Applied) becomes a Task in a Workpack.
See Worked Examples for step-by-step guide on how to configure and maintain Planning Templates.
Planning Templates are records on which workpacks and tasks are generated.
Properties of a Planning Template¶
- Name - A short (50 character limit) name for the Planning Template.
- Base Asset - This field is non-required. However, if an asset is chosen, then the Planning Template tasks will be limited to the assets for the Base Asset and all child assets of the Base Asset.
- Frequency - Determines the frequency assigned to the Planning Template. Options are Yearly, Half Yearly, Quarterly or Monthly. As an example, a Planning Template set up for Annual Subsea ROV Inspections would be set to Yearly, however a Planning Template set up for quarterly oil change on a gear box would be set to Quarterly.
- Occurrences - The number of occurrences defines how many columns will be displayed in the Planning Template.Summary
- Format - When “Applied”, each Workpack created from a Planning Template will take the naming convention described here. Using [yyyy] will insert the year into the Workpack name, or [yy] the abbreviated year, and using [mm] will insert the Month in the Workpack name. For example Workpacks generated where the format is defined as “[yyyy]-Annual UT”, will be titled “2018-Annual UT”, “2019-Annual UT” etc. [oc] represents the Occurrence Number and will increment as the workpack is generated.
- Workpack Group - When Workpacks are created from this Planning Template, they will be created in the specified Workpack Group.
- Revision - When Workpacks are created from this Planning Template, they will be created with the specified Revision.
- Read Only - When Workpacks are created from this Planning Template, if this box is ticked, they will be created as Read Only.
- Respect Task Move - This flag determines whether or not when tasks (which are generated from a Planning Template) are re-scheduled, the subsequent (or following) tasks are moved based on their frequency relative to the date of the moved task. If the checkbox is unchecked, then Tasks are simply created in the pre-determined occurrences.
The Respect Task Move option will be checked by default for all new Planning Templates. For databases converted from v5, the Respect Task Move option will be unchecked by default.
Report Table Sources¶
To extract Planning Template data into a report template, use the System Table titled Planning Template as the primary Table Source. For more information on Report Templates see Report Templates.
Planning Templates Toolbar¶
- , , :
- Add / Edit / Delete Planning Template(s).
- See Import for full description of the Import menu item.
- See Export for full description of the Export menu item.
- See Customise for full description of the Customise menu item.
- See Connections for information about the Connections toolbar option.
- Creates tasks in new (or existing workpacks) based on the currently selected Planning Templates. If you have selected multiple templates, they must all have the same Frequency, and you won’t be able to select Workpacks to Apply to — fresh Workpacks will be created.
- Click on Update to view any changes that need to be made to Tasks that have already been created. Multi-select, Update is also available here. Updates to each Planning Template are represented on separate tabbed pages in the Update Planning Template dialog.