The Asset History functionality provides the user with a tool to record key events of an asset (or a group of assets) throughout it’s (or their) life cycle. These asset history items represent information that should be captured for posterity. Asset history records can be retrieved in report templates or accessed via the UI.
The Asset History dialog allows for the user to enter a date for the Asset History item. If however the Asset history item is related to a Workpack or a Schedule, then the Date of the Asset History item will be populated from the Date of the Workpack or Schedule. Additionally, you can reassign (or change) the asset which this Asset History item is related from this dialog.
To bulk update (or delete) Asset History items, use the Multi-Edit functionality.
Asset History Toolbar¶
The Asset History toolbar allows the user to add, edit and delete Asset History Items.
- The Asset History Add menu item allows you to manually create a new Asset History item. Enter the Title and Description of the Asset History item. If the Asset History item is not related to a specific Workpack or Schedule, then enter a date for the record (usually the date which represents the event).
- Choose Asset History Edit to edit the properties of the currently selected Asset History record. Changes are saved when you click on the OK button.
- Refer to section Import for detailed information on the Import Wizard. The MS Excel Import Template details the required format for importing Asset History records.
- Refer to section Export for information about exporting Asset History Items.
- Refer to section Customise for information about the Customise toolbar option.
Reporting on Asset History¶
To retrieve Asset History data in a report template, use the System Table titled Asset History.