The Finding pane is only visible when the Finding Listing tab is active. The Finding pane displays the properties for the currently selected Finding (multi-select edit is also supported here).
When then Event Listing tab is active, then the Finding pane is hidden and the Findings pane is shown.
A finding record has a Number, a Code, a Severity ranking, Reason (descriptive text) and Remedial Action (descriptive text). Upon review, if you deem that the Finding should be escalated to an Anomaly, then you should tick the Anomaly Required field, and choose an Anomaly from the list and linked to the Finding. If you click the Add button on the Select Anomaly dialog, the new anomaly will have the asset, code, and various other fields pre-populated for you.
Properties of a Finding¶
- Number - Optional. For use by users to label Findings.
- Event - The Event which this Finding is connected to.
- Code - Code which identifies the type of Finding. These are the same codes that are used to classify Anomalies. Some typical codes may include “CD”, “PD” or “VIB” (Coating Damage, Physical Damage or Vibration); however, anomaly codes are user-definable and can be configured from Configuration ‣ Anomalies.
- Severity - Choose from a list of pre-defined Severity Levels. Typical severity levels may include “Level 1 - Contributor”, “Level 2 - Degraded”, “Level 3 - Damaged”, “Level 4 - Danger” and “Level 5 - Extreme Danger”; however, severity levels are user-definable and can be configured from the Configuration ‣ Anomalies area. These are the same severities that are used to classify Anomalies. Anomaly severities can also be assigned to Anomaly Triggers.
- Reason - Text field. Size unlimited.
- Remedial Action - Text field. Size unlimited.
- Anomaly Required - Check this box if this Finding should be linked to an Anomaly.
- Anomaly - Anomaly that this Finding is linked to. This field only appears if Anomaly Required is checked.
- Anomaly Trigger - If this Finding was automatically generated by an Anomaly Trigger, that trigger is shown here.
- Is Auto Generated - True if this Finding was automatically generated by an Anomaly Trigger.
Report Table Sources¶
To extract Finding data into a report template, use the System Table titled Finding as the primary Table Source, or use the System Tables titled Event or Anomaly and then add fields from the Finding table. For more information see Report Templates.